Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Plain of 6 Glaciers

We had a great end of September with Doug, Shauna, Jayden & Heather all coming to visit for just over a week. It is always fun to hang out with them all. Carter has missed Jayden....he keeps saying "Jay Jee". They had fun together. Doug & Shauna have set up their own blogg under www.brownsbusiness.blogspot.com for all those who want to check out the Brown's business. I am not sure if they have posted anything yet, but it is worth checking in on from time to time.
The weather didn't work out so well while they were here however there was a couple bright spots to speak of.

Doug and I had a great time golfing in Invermere. 4 rounds in 2 days was a good pace.

On the last Saturday before they left back to Colorado we decided to do the Plain of 6 Glaciers hike in Lake Louise. I had heard that it was an incredible hike, but I didn't think it would be this beautiful! The skies were blue and the weather was perfect for a good half day hike.
We hiked up to a tea hut about 2 hours up the trail. It is a small cabin that has staff working there cooking home made bread, tea, soups sandwiches etc...of course we showed up with out any cash on hand, so it was slim pickings, but it was still a great time. The view from the balcony where you eat your food was amazing. Mt. Lefroy, and Mt. Victoria are massive. They have glaciers on all sides. The pass/glacier going up through the two moutains is actually called the "infamous death trap".

What a great trip! We wished Lisa and Heather could have made it on the trip with us, but because of colds they weren't able to be there. Next time. I would love to do this trip again, so if anyone is game, let me know.


3 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

It's funny. I have lived in Calgarypretty much my whole life and I have never been up there. We should go next time we are up. It looks awesome.
SS

Saunders Family said...

That looked like fun and all the trees are turning, it must have been pretty.

Oh ya, thanks Lisa for the tip about the Lava Flows they are sooooooooo tasty.

Sandra

Shauna Brown said...

Love the blog!! You really have gotten me motivated! We had soooooooooooooo much fun with you guys. Too bad we didn't have money on our hike- SCONES!!