Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's trick or treating we go.....

I love Halloween. We've had a fun weekend celebrating the holiday. On Firday Sandra had a fun party. We dressed up and the kids decorated cookies, played games and watched a Halloween movie. On Saturday we went to a community gathering in the afternoon. That night we went to the Calgary Philharmonic's "Spooktacular". It was THE BEST!! We decided it will be our new family tradition. The audience and the orchestra members dress in costume and the music is all "Halloween themed". The orchestra was great and there was a violinist that was absolutely amazing!! I couldn't believe how talented he was. They played some favorites like Phantom of the Opera, monster mash and purple people eater. We had so much fun and the kids loved it as well. It's definatley a must see. Already a great Halloween and still 2 more days until the actual celebration!! Here are some pictures from the weekend.

Snow White and her Dwarf (Doopey, Happy or Grumpy depending on his mood:-)




As you can tell Carter is Audrey's "prop" again this year. I guess this will happen until he is old enough to protest. I love the way that his costume turned out (thanks Mom and Sandra....I really need to learn to sew!) Audrey gets a big grin whenever anyone tells her she looks just like the real Snow White.


All the Kids at Sandra's Halloween Bash

I think Dave's snack bar costume was very clever. It also came in handy during intermission at the concert! I love this apron that my Aunt gave me and think it is to cute to just wear in the kitchen so a baker was the perfect excuse to wear it out on the town. (Carter stayed home with a sitter so that is why he is not in the picture. Maybe next year)

The Nightmare Before Christmas (Sally and Jack) and the Astronaut

Pictures of the concert Hall


Crazy audience members

11 comments:

burtons*north said...

sweet, you got some good ones of the inside of the the theatre, email me some of those, eh?

Anonymous said...

They look so cute. I love Carter's costume. And Audrey makes a perfect snow white. Dave, you look sooo tasty.
SS

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the costumes! Carter and Audrey are adorable as always, and I'm a big fan of the Nightmare Before Christmas costumes too. The show seemed like tons of fun! Miss you guys

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! Cute costumes!

nena said...

fun we will need to all go next year! I love all the costumes.

Shauna Brown said...

Those are great pictures and I'm dying over Carter- too cute!! Dave, you don't look too bad your self. You know if Doug were there, he would have a piece of you!

Anonymous said...

You all look great !! We miss having you here for Halloween. We did the usual and went to Sierra Madre to see the large pumpkins. There was a great large carved spider pumpkin this year. We have a new ghoul hanging from our balcony and a much larger grave yard. I think we were a little too scary. Some children were afraid to come to the door. I will send some pictures.
Love Shauna

Shauna Brown said...

To answer your question, of course not, he doesn't always read the blog. Obviously he's missing out!

Anonymous said...

hahah Carter is so funny looking. Dave did you make it to the end of the night without eating yourself?

Anonymous said...

These pictures look great! It was great to see the halloween costumes. They're so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa!! I miss you, Dave, and the kids! Audrey made such a cute Snow White!! And Carter as her Dwarf. lol. I'm starting to think that I should make a blog since I only use myspace and not everyone has that. Your pics are so cute!
I can't wait to see you during Christmas!
Love and miss you!
xoxo
Emie