Tuesday, March 20, 2007

To Utah and Back

As you can see the snow is still here in Calgary. The kids have been having a good time digging with kitchen utensils, and making snow angels.


Lisa needed to head to Utah for some business and I hadn't been there for 8 years, so we decided to take a road trip with the kids. This was the first time we have ever gone LONG distance in the car with the two of them so we didn't know what to expect. Usually the 2.5 hour drive to the cabin is too much for them to handle, but to our surprise they were perfect. Not a bad moment between the two of them. They looked like this most of the way there. We left at 3:30am hoping the kids would zonk out on the road shortly after leaving the house. They actually stayed awake for about an hour or so and then got some sleep until the boarder.

A quick pit stop to stretch the legs and scare some cows. Carter thought it was awesome! As you can see the snow is gone. It was nice to sense Spring in the air. Just a few hours before this pit stop I had a 2.5 hour delay at the boarder. Gotta love those cheery, always helpful and understanding US boarder patrol officers. Everything finally got worked out, but it cost me $265 and a major delay in the trip.

We finally made it to Provo to stay with Aaron, Stacey and Dahl. Which I must note.....we had a guessing game as to who could guess what time we would arrive to their house. I guessed 8:35pm and I think Lisa said around 10:00pm or so. We pulled into the drive way on the exact minute I guessed. Lisa doesn't argue with me about ETA's anymore. The kids had a blast playing with each other and taking the odd bath. Carter & Audrey had Dahl laughing so hard in the tub I thought he was going to tip over and suck in half the water. They had a lot of fun together. As you can see Carter finally got a haircut! It was loooonnggg over due. These two found the odd moment to be cuddley and nice to each other. They had a fun time together even though at times it seemed like they were from different sides of the tracks. They will continue to bond during the summer when Dahl visits for 4 months.

We made a stop at Temple Square to walk around the grounds and go to the Conference Center. I had never been before. It is an amazing building.
After SLC we cruised on over to Logan to visit Spencer, Deanne, Reese & Luke Heninger. They have a nice place in Providence. They kids played well with each other and Reese showed them how to do powerslides down the driveway in her John Deere Utility truck. Audrey thought it was awesome and Carter went along for the ride. We had a good visit with the Heningers, spent Sunday evening and night and then headed back to Provo Monday morning.


It was a good trip. The kids were great the way up and back, the weather was increadible and the food was awesome (Tacanos, Pizza Factory, Italian Place, Cafe Rio, & Lons) just to name a few!! Thanks Salmons, and Heninger for the hospitality and fun times. We will do it again some day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY for the new post and a visit to Provo! I'm glad you had such a good time. Maybe one day I'll have a blog and I'll post the photos from Lisa's last Shade Shakedown, when she participated in the relay race...

Chris said...

Hey Dave and Lisa-
Jenny and I are just getting into the great fun of blogs! Thanks so much for the little dress and board shorts. Kate is definitely going to be an outside girl. It is fun to see what everyone is doing. Tell auderpop and carter hi.

Shauna Brown said...

AMEN a new post!! It looks like you had such a great time. Why did you have to pay at the border? That's crazy! We can't wait to see you all on Tues- yipee! I hope some of that snow melts before we get there!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I am glad the kids were good for you in the car. I know Hillary enjoyed seeing you all in Provo. Thanks for including her in your fun. She loves seeing family any chance she gets. Lisa have a blast in Cabo. We are all jealous.
Be sure to take lots of pictures.

Love Aunt Shauna