Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Falls, Protein and Slipper Logs

I know a lot of family and friends have been asking about pictures from the trip. I haven't received all the pictures from Brad & Ramsey yet....so I have not put together a good collection of the experience.

Here are just a couple pictures for those who are interested.

View from our camp site day 1.

Tusiat Falls....what an awesome location! Directly behind me is the ocean...it was an incredible area to camp. We cleaned up pretty good in the river coming from the falls. You can see our tent on the right side of the picture with all our gear laid out drying in the sun. We arrived at this site at about noon and spent the entire day here laying around and drying out. This was the view from our tent out toward the ocean. The falls are to the right.

Much of the trail was cluttered with dead wood/logs. It was very tricky to walk over because the logs were slippery and wet. Usually below this type of terrain it would be running rivers about 10 feet below.

Protein break! We stopped here after this fine gentleman picked us up in his boat and taxied us from one side of the river to the other. He had salmon and crab on the menu. We chose the salmon....$20/plate for a salmon steak, baked potato and lemon wedge. Expensive but extremely fresh and good.

The roots on these trees made for good foot holds and steps; however they were slippery when wet.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Nice pics....can't wait to see them all!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa! when are you going to blog about the trip to the american girl store?

Shauna Brown said...

That looks so amazing!! I talked to the Olers for quite some time about the trip. Dawn (the Mom) kept saying how great you guys were. They gave me a picture of you, her, and Raelene. I still can't believe you met up with them!

Anonymous said...

are u kidding me? im going next time- Matt

Anonymous said...

Lisa--I just got your note. You are so cute...and I love that you have Woot as one of your links. We just found out about it and 'the bag of crap.' Anyway, always so fun to see you and your darling kids!!! Next year I have to get one of your shades suits after you all modeled your 'numbers.'