Audrey has been attending grade 1 for a week or so now. She is enjoying her new teacher and the school but since it is a new school it is taking a bit of getting use to. She made some wonderful Friends last year and seems to be missing them a bit. It will just take a little time. She loves that Dave drives her to school each morning.
Carter has been going through some adjustment as well. He was a bit bored the first week without Audrey around. I've had to get creative to keep him entertained. One day we went over to Sandra's house and Cole had some Ninja Turtle toys and Carter was having a blast playing with them. When Sandra said Chuck got them at London Drugs for $6 we headed right over to the store to see if there were any left. I wish I had a camera when Carter spotted them on the aisle. He was beaming!! He carried them to the check out and couldn't get them home fast enough. When he opened them up and realized they came with a Ninja mask, that was it.....
All day long he had the mask on and the best part was that he made me wear a mask as well. If I tried to take it off or talk to him without it on he went crazy. "Me a inja turtle and you be the blue guy. You have to be a blue guy Mom". Finally when we went to pick up Audrey from school I took it off. He didn't, of course, and was ninja fighting with himself with the mask on the lawn of the school. It's been almost a week. He doesn't have the mask on all the time but even without the toys he is fighting someone, no matter where we are. Today I took him grocery shopping and all down the isles he is talking (loud) about getting the bad guys and pulling these crazy looking moves.
The difference between growing up with 3 sisters that play cabbage patch dolls all day and this little ninja machine is so funny. I think the funniest thing about the whole thing is that when my brother Matthew was little he loved the turtles. Carter was watching the cartoon the other day and when it goes to commercial the music "1,2,3,4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" came on and I had the biggest deja vue! I can remember coming home from school and eating a snack at the table and Matthew had the same cartoons on! I started laughing and missing Mamaloo!
Anyway, Audrey was talking about getting a pet and I told her we already have a house turtle we didn't need any more animals! Here are a few pictures of the past weeks!



13 comments:
Hi Lisa! I still can't believe we've never met! I love that I can check out your blog - then I feel like I know ya! Being a ninja turtle with your little guy is just so cute - you're a cool mommy. We've got all girls at our house, so I've never had a ninja turtle experience! Thanks for sharing - it made me miss my brothers too. Say Hi to Dave for me. Maybe next summer we can finally meet. Have a great day!
Erin
That is very funny. Carter is SUCH a character. Turtles in a half shell....hahahahaha. Audrey's backpack looks fantastic, I'm glad she is enjoying grade 1.
that just gave me carson flashbacks, with all his weird or cute things he used to do.. I love having a boy, they are really so differant then a girl! the blue suits you! this is NENA!
Ok I have to get that for Dahl.. He would die. He also lOVES the Ninja Turtles. He has some foam swords he is ALWAYS fighting with. I love the mask.
SS
Remember when we had to refer to Matt as "Michangelo"??? That is too funny!! Carter is too funny..love the mask!!!
Audrey looks soo cute with her backpack!! I hope she is liking school better!!
I love the pic of you and carter with the masks...that is a wedding video pic for sure. You are such a cute mom...can't wait until I have one and then I can consult you...the baby whisperer.
I dont know why but those reptiles are popular crime fighters. Michaelangelo was the toughest turtle. But it looks like Rafael is out to take him down. Carter looks good, i was worried he had an entire outfit on.....
Those pictures are classic!
soon he'll be wanting to order pizza for dinner every night and saying "tubular!" ... they said that in the cartoon right? it's been way too long!
and audrey looks soooo cute! I can't believe she's in first grade- with the most stylin backpack I've ever seen! I think I had a plain navy blue jansport until the fourth grade!!
miss you :)
audrey looked so cute for her first day of school and i love the ninja turtle pics!
-jenny heyman
WOW!! Carter kills me! He is so big and such a character (as H would say). You look great in a blue mask! Do you have a Shade to match?
What a crazy kid, you both look great in your masks!
what is audrey being for halloween?
Post a Comment