Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Dave!!

At the beginning of the month Dave celebrated the big 35!! We gathered together at Claim Jumper and ended the day with some cake and ice cream. It was a fun celebration. Dave and his Mom have birthdays on the same day and this year was her 60th. We were lucky because a week later Tom and Wendy came to visit in Palm Springs. We drove over to the desert and had a wonderful few days playing and celebrating birthdays!

Making the birthday cake

Oreo birthday cake

Birthday Boy



The Birthday Kids

Dave always says that he is the best birthday gift his mother ever received, but after this year I think he has some competition. For her birthday she received this amazing quilt with all her children and grandchildren's hand prints. To read about all the loving details go here

Fun in the pool




The Gang on the course





While the group was golfing Stacey and I took the kids on a little boat ride. I love this picture because the kids would not uncover their ears. The hotel we rode the boat in had parrots and they were loud. You can see what the kids thought of the noise.

Brady was in love with these ducks. They would walk right up to our room. He would have chased them right into the pond if we weren't looking. It was really cute!

4 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

Hey Lisa, I think I will be stealing some of your pictures for my blog. I have a total lack of pictures lately. Have fun in Hawaii!!
SS

sandra said...

FUN!!

have a great time in hawaii!!! i don't know how you wouldn't : )

love ya!

hillary nicole said...

what fun! I have yet to discover Palm Springs. The life jacket picture is classic!

US WEEKLY said...

Looks like a wicked cake.. happy Birthday!1 love ya.