Do these look like the faces of some relaxed parents? At the end of the month Dave and I were able to go on a little couples retreat....and "treat" it was. We got to spend time with our good friends the Heningers and their friends the Egans. The days were filled with swimming, laughing, snorkeling, exploring the island, relaxing, playing games, eating, reading, more laughing and even a tsunami scare.
Spent time with good friends, made some new friends, relaxed and made some great memories (and all in Hawaii) - it doesn't get much better then that!
We have to say THANKS SO MUCH to Wendy who flew out just to watch the kids for us. She was a real trooper stepping right into our routine without a hitch. The kids loved spending time with her and it made it a lot easier to leave them knowing they were in great hands!!
The views from our room
Oh we miss life at the Villas!!
Pipeline - Northshore
I have always wanted to see these waves in the winter. It wasn't the biggest surf they get but we did see some good sets!

They were having a body boarding competition at Pipeline when we were there so it was fun to watch the action
Snorkeling at Sharks cove
We had to stop at the local fruit stands - yummy!
The pineapple was to die for!
Dave documenting the trip
This was one of the highlights of our trip. In a cove in Ko Olina there were 2 sea turtles we were able to feed and swim with. They were there for hours. I LOVED it!!

We are sure this guy is related to Crush
It was closed for renovations but it was beautiful to see against the green mountains!
Our night at the PCC
The show was fun to see but I would not recommend the buffet!
Good times :)
Another place I really wanted to visit was Pearl Harbor. It was a very special place. We even got to shake hands with a Pearl Harbor survivor. It was crowded so we didn't see everything but what we did see was very humbling.
The boys headed out at Waikiki
Hike to Diamond Head
It's interesting to see and the view from the top is beautiful!
View of Sandy Beach
Thanks to DeAnne's eagle eyes, we were lucky enough to actually see a Humpback whale jumping in the horizon. The height of his splash was amazing. I felt like we were watching our own version of Planet Earth!
Watching the locals and Dave at Sandy Beach
Our final evening's BBQ

Spencer and DeAnne (THANKS so much guys!!!)

Josh and Hayley
Us


7 comments:
looks like a blast, I wonder if Jeff and I will ever get away just the two of us ever again? I always feel like it's a way to reconnect again! the weather looked perfect for you guys.. WHAT TSUNAMI RIGHT?!
FUN!!!! Looks awesome there~
SS
still need to get the down low on the island. lots of smiles in those pictures.
Fun fun! Glad you got to take this trip. Pretty photos...pretty place!
P.S.I like your striped cover up--I think it will match my swimsuits :)
Fun, fun, fun! You did a lot of the same stuff we did on our trip to Hawaii. Isn't the food at the PCC awful? What a great idea to get away with no kids.
Loved the photos!! Dang I already want to go back!! We miss you guys, it was really fun getting to know you and Dave. Thanks for the fun trip. Hopefully we can do it again. I'm glad you have a blog so I can kind of stay in touch with you. Hope you guys are doing good!!
We had the blast with you guys!!! Thanks for the laughs, i.e.: Dave at Assigios, nertz, Dave with Spencer's seat belt, Lisa at the pcc, the list could go on. Lets do it again! p.s. you seriously need to take the photo of us at Pearl Habor off!!!
Post a Comment