Do you remember what it was like when you were young and you were anxiously awaiting a big event? I remember many Christmas Eve's sitting in bed unable to sleep because I was so excited for the next day to come. Or the drive to Disneyland when I was little feeling like it took hours and hours because I was so excited. Or a sleepless night before the first day of school. If you remember that feeling then times it by 10 and you will know what Carter's week was like. On Sunday he realized that this was the week of the Father Sons Campout. From that moment on it was the only thing he could think about. Excited is an understatement. You can imagine how long the week must have felt for him because the campout wasn't until Friday.
Monday he was getting dressed for school and he could barely get his clothes on because he was so worried that he didn't know what shirt to wear to the campout. Then we were driving to school and he wanted to make sure we had bug spray. When he got home from school we had to write out the menu that he and Dave had already planned the evening before. Later that day he gave me a brief run down of how the events would play out when they got to the camp. Then I got tips on how to make a good Smore. As he went to bed he said 4 more days until we go.
Pretty much repeat that same scenario Tuesday through Thursday and you can see why he and I were very happy when Friday arrived. It was cute because he wasn't the only little guy this excited. The boys that we carpool to school with had a count down for me each morning as well. Seeing how excited they all were was so cute.
I'm happy to report that the camp lived up to all the kids expectations and more. I hear there was plenty of running and sword fighting with sticks, throwing rocks, getting extremely dirty, melting stuff in the fire, eating more junk food then I can count and I am sure a lot of other things that are better left for mothers not to know. I was so glad that after all the anticipation everyone had a wonderful time!
One of the many menus Carter had me help him spell each day

Carter packing the car and showing off the moves he would use on Mountain Lions?!?
Icing on the cake for Carter was carpooling up to the camp with his good friend Blake and his Dad. He told me they even got to stop at McDonalds!
Getting ready for bed
Dave after getting to sleep at 3:30 am and waking up at 6:30 am. He was sure a good sport and had a great time with Carter
Carter and his buddies
After the camp Dave and Carter were exhausted. Saturday the boys stayed home and took a nap and Audrey and I decided to go ride our bikes. It was a beautiful afternoon so we went to Balboa for a ride on the boardwalk. It was fun to people watch and site see along the way.
Taking the ferry across to the boardwalk

6 comments:
Carter is so Freaking CUTE!! I can't wait to hug him.. tell him I miss him tons.. Dave is a good sport, Jeff and Carson have one coming up to for Cubs, Carson sure is excited as well!! see you soon!
I LOVE Carter's little menu! Great shot of the bikes Lisa.
Ha ha! I didn't know how excited Carter was but after reading that post I totally understand now, great job on articulating his excitement! Good thing there isn't a photo of you and I up almost as late You Tubing Mr. Bieber!!
I loved reading this post. Carter is such a cute kid!
What a great way to spend a saturday- biking by the beach. That picture you took of the three bikes is great.
That is so cute. Makes me excited for the day Tim and Kyle will go together. How fun to go bike riding too! Jealous!
Is it my imagination that ever since you left Canada, you've been at the beach like everyday? Soooo lucky! I love your bike. I need to get me one of those too! I loved reading about Carter's anticipation, but it was Dave's picture that captured the whole event for me. He wouldn't nearly look that half-dead if it weren't for 2 very excited little boys. Way to go Dave for stepping up and being the cool dad!!!
Post a Comment