Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Jack-O-Lanterns and Cupcakes

We've had a busy weekend celebrating Carter's 6th birthday and Halloween. Carter's birthday started with a soccer game where he was able to bring cupcakes to his teammates. He loved having "Happy Birthday" sung to him and passing out the treats. After the game we went home and Carter was able to open presents and take a quick ride on his new razor. After presents we carved our pumpkins and got ready for Trunk or Treat at the church. The evening was filled with visiting with friends and collecting way too much candy.

On Halloween we attended church and then headed to Arcadia to meet up with family for the evening. We enjoyed yummy soups and sandwiches at the Miller's while the kids played. It was fun to have the Burtons in town for the celebrations. We all went over to Sierra Madre to enjoy the amazing pumpkin carving they have on display. I wish I would have gotten pictures because I can't begin to describe the cool pumpkins we saw. I found THIS link that has pictures of the pumpkins. I think you really do have to see the displays in person to realize how giant the pumpkins are and how detailed the carving can be, but this link allows you see how the homes are decorated.

Here are a few pictures from the past week:

Opening presents

Riding the Razor

Dave's cousin Alysha had posted about making these rainbow cupcakes for her son's birthday. When I showed Carter he asked if we could make them for his birthday. They were fun to make and looked really cute. Go here if you want the recipe.


Team singing to Carter

The big Six year old!

Brady's pumpkin
(I don't think we got pictures of Audrey and Carter's pumpkins which is sad because they designed them and they were really cute!)

At the pumpkin patch



The kids checking to see how much they have grown this past year
(Check HERE to compare)


Yoda, Pumpkin Princess (neighbor Reese), Witch and Pirate

Yoda with his mask

3 comments:

Cara said...

The kids don't look too excited to be taking that picture sitting on the pumpkins...especially Brady!!! They were prob sad we didn't come!!!! The cupcakes were sooo yummy :)

Alysha Sladek said...

Happy Birthday Carter!! I have to say your cupcakes are MUCH cuter than mine. I should've gone with just the white icing and colored sprinkles ;)

Shauna Brown said...

Happy B-day Carter!!! Love all the pics and the cupcakes looked super yummy! Great Halloween costumes! We wish we could have been there!