Friday, June 09, 2006

Slow Boat From China

About 3 weeks ago we were at Home Depot on a Saturday afternoon. We found a patio set that we really liked and thought that it would be a good addition to the deck. We quickly tried to purchase the set, however the store was sold out. They managed to find 1 patio set left in the entire city at a Home Depot across town. I called the special services desk at the Home Depot across town and they agreed to put the patio set on hold until Monday when I could get a truck to pick it up. They took down my name and number, but would not let me pay for it over the phone. They promised left right and center that it would not be sold.

Monday (Labor Day) came and Lisa and I packed up the family early in the morning in dad's truck and headed across town. We got to the Home Depot and they said that the patio set had been sold! We were ticked off, because it was the last set in the city, and we had just driven an hour to get to the store. They told me that there would be a shipment on the 1st of June and that I should call them and do a phone purchase before I make the drive over to see if they had arrived.

Since the 29th of May I have been calling Home Depot every morning to see if the patio sets have arrived. Needless to say the lady who always answers the phone at 8:30 in the morning knows me well. The shipment was delayed because they were being shipped from China (slow boat). Finally yesterday she gave me the good word that the sets arrived. Chuck and I headed over to the Home Depot at lunch time in Dad's El Camino (we ran out of gas twice, in the rain)!

I was so excited that I assembled the entire set late last night and finally at 10:30pm put it out in the rain. Here a few pic's.


As a side post, Lisa wanted me to put up the pictures of her beautiful rose cake that she made in there cake decorating class. Good job Lisa!


8 comments:

burtons*north said...

sweet set, um when is the BBQ?

Anonymous said...

Looks really nice-patio set and cake! I bet Lisa was bugged that day you drove all the way to the store and it wasn't there, eh? Typical Canada. :) Glad it finally came. Dave, you are doing fantastic work blogging latelty, your "mark" is an an A minus. P.S.-I can't wait til CPK!

The Back 9 said...

lets have a bbq

The Saunders Family said...

Dad, I would have a BBQ, if I had a BBQ to cook on! Are you pitching in some $ to help the cause.

Stacey Salmon said...

I like the Patio furniture. I wish we ahd a patio big enough for a chair let alone an entire patio set. But at least we have a BBQ! hahah
SS

Saunders Family said...

Looks good guys, hopefully it drys up soon so you can use it.

The Back 9 said...

hey - i'm in for $100 bucks for Dave's BBQ

Saunders Family said...

I have a better idea, I was looking to get a new 3 wood, so if anyone would like to make a donation, please send money to Chuck.