Monday, January 16, 2006

Can I offer you an inflight meal for $20?

Lisa and the kids flew home from California last night. I have only been away from them for a couple weeks this time, but it seems like the kids have changed the most this trip. Carter looked huge as he was wedged into an umbrella stroller that Audrey was pushing. Audrey gave me a big hug and kiss and Carter kept pointing to his head and making some weird noise. Latter I found out that he actually fell off of his chair during the flight and bonked his head. I guess he thought it was a pretty important story to tell me right when he saw me. Apparently Carter was not so good on the flight again. A stranger on the plane came over and asked Lisa if he could help with Carter. Lisa accepted the help and of course as soon as Carter left Lisa he was a little angel. Audrey was great on the flight home, but was very dissapointed that she didn't get a snack or drink this time and was puzzled as to why she had to pay for food if she wanted to eat during the flight (I share her thoughts and confusion). She said that she got so hot on the plane that she needed to take her shoes and socks off just to cool down.

It was fun to see the kids get home and run through the house like they had never seen it before. Carter re-acquainted himself with several of his toys that I am sure he had long forgotten about, and Audrey couldn't wait to go into her room to see if anything had changed. Lisa immediately went for the thermostat and cranked up the heat......only to have us both wake up in the middle of the night sweating to death. Oh it is good to have things back to normal again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everyone made it back safely!
I have to admit, I used to enjoy the food they gave us on the airplane. I always thought it was fun to hear the different choices and see all the miniature items, but that stuff for sure isn't worth $20! (Canadian or U.S.) Might as well pick up some CPK ASAP if they have it at the airport.
Miss you guys already!
Love,
HH

Stacey Salmon said...

That is wierd that you didn't even get a drink on the plane. When we flew to Calgary we did and be were on the crappiest plane ever. Say hi to Lisa and the kids!
SS

The Back 9 said...

it's good to get everyone home again. Mom said Carter has really grown and Audrey couldn't wait to get to school today - isn't that great. what airline were you on??? it's always better to bring your own food and drink on anyway. welcome home Lisa