No this isn't a picture that I took, but is where I am going. I am flying to California tomorrow to go on a quick weekend ocean kayaking trip with Brad and Ramsey. We are going on the Scorpion Ranch Sea Caves kayaking adventure found in the Channel Island National Park (approx. 90 minute boat ride off the coast of Santa Barbara). All the information I have read about the trip boasts of an abundance of sea wild life, beautiful coves, cliffs and of course sea caves. I read an article that said "the islands hold Mother Natures answer to the 'Pirates of the Caribbean'". I am really excited to go on the trip for a couple reasons. Obviously to go through dark caves in the middle of the ocean, but also to see Lisa and the kids again. I won't see them until late Saturday night and then we are all flying home the next day back to Calgary. It is hard to be away from them for a long time.
I am hoping that either Brad or Ramsey takes the risk and brings a digital camera with them on the trip. I would love to get some good pictures to post on the blog and maybe put some up in my office.
I spent last night trying to figure some way to get my Christmas tree out of the house with out leaving scratch marks down every hall way or door frame. The tree has been in our house for almost a month and a half. Needless to say it was extremely brittle and messy. I couldn't find the plastic tree bag that I specifically purchased for this very event, so I had to take the tree out unwrapped. What a mess! The entire downstairs area was covered in tree needles. I felt bad for our vacuum.....it has never seen such a disaster. I think a fake plastic tree might be used for next year. The hassle of purchasing a tree, getting the stupid thing straight, trying to turn it so that the holes don't show, tying to pour water into the base with out spilling, avoiding sap on fingers and clothes, and then of course the take down......it is all too much. Fake trees are up and down in 5 minutes. You can still get the real tree smell if you cut off some branches out side and plant them in areas of the house where no one can see them. It is a plan....next year we go fake
4 comments:
Where would you "hide" such branches? Maybe just a real wreath would do, if you must have a fake tree. I'm sure Lisa will appreciate that the tree is all taken care of. Good move!
Your trip does look like a place Johnny Depp might be lurking-have a great time. We're excited to see you again this weekend!
Great work on the blogs Saunders family!! Let's keep those posts coming!
HH
dave I have a bad feeling about you going into those caves, but you know me. It was me that told mom not to go into the toilet bowl in hawii because i didn't feel right about it, and what happend she got blasted out! fake trees rule,there so easy I even set ours up this year and took in down. have fun on your trip.
dave I have a bad feeling about you going into those caves, but you know me. It was me that told mom not to go into the toilet bowl in hawii because i didn't feel right about it, and what happend she got blasted out! fake trees rule,there so easy I even set ours up this year and took in down. have fun on your trip.
your trip looks awesome. Have fun, and be safe. real trees are the only way to go. Don't buy a fake one. later
Post a Comment