Monday, January 30, 2006

No peddlers, No Flyers, No Agents, No Junk Mail....Please!

My dogs are barking! Chuck and I just got back from handing out 350 door hangers/marketing pieces in the Tuscany area. I don't think my black dress shoes were the best to wear because my dogs are bark'n! About 10 minutes after returning from handing out the hangers we received a phone call from some guy named Peter who was calling to complain that we have caused a "serious security risk" to his home because we created the perception that nobody was home. Dude you are kidd'n me right! Aren't you calling me from home! It is truly amazing that some people are soooo bored and retarded that they have the time to call and complain about a door hanger being left on their knob.

I gave Carter a bath this weekend. After getting him out and drying him off I let him cruise around in the buff in my room. He was having a blast, as most guys do when they run around naked, but then he disappeared. All the sudden I heard laughing and giggling so I tracked down the little weasel in my closet standing against the wall taking a wee! He was standing their giggling and looking at me as he sprayed the entire baseboard area with urine. I couldn't help but laugh and thank my lucky stars that Lisa didn't catch me allowing him to run around naked....."because he will pee everywhere".

I didn't go to church this weekend because Carter and I were both sick. When Audrey got home she came up and sat on my lap and said...."dad, today we learning about Choosing The Right", I thought that was pretty fun but then she went on to ask me, "dad what is the name of the guy who tries to get us to do bad things......Adan, Eden???"......'do you mean Satan'?.....'ya thats him, he is a bad guy who came to earth to try and get us to follow him." At least I know she is listening when she goes to church.

Lisa gave me crap for not putting pictures up of the family on the blog (because everyone else puts pictures up of themselves, not people they don't know), so I guess I better start to "personalize" this a little more.

6 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

When we were up for christmas Dahl was crawling around naked on one of the beds down stairs....well he too let loose and soked the sheets. It was funny. I still like you pictures...they are interesting.
SS

nena said...

dave I was going to comment on the shoes you guys were wearing. Not quite running around the neighbour hood shoes. The guys name was peter who called you hey? I'll keep my eyes and ears open for him. I'ts egging time!!!!

The Back 9 said...

seems to me any kid running around in the nude will take a leak. you all did. keep putting out the flyers - it will work

Anonymous said...

Please tell Audrey that Kaj also learned about Choosing the Right yesterday, he even got his very own CTR ring. Did she? So, does that mean that Lisa has seen the blog lately-what did she think about the butt/face dilema?! You do need to put up more family photos. Are you taking work off this Friday?!

burtons*north said...

dave, i am sure nobody thought we were away when we left 9 culligan water bottles on our front door step when we went to las vegas FOR A WEEK......... OH YA, we WERE away..... i am sure a 5 x 6 slip of paper hangling from my door knob would have REALLY done it though..

Saunders Family said...

I guess my teaching skills aren't all that bad. I have 10, 5 year olds in my CTR class and some times it gets a little crazy. It's good to here that they are learning something.

Sandra